The success and safety of your eyelid surgery procedure depends very much on your complete candidness during your cosmetic eyelid surgery consultation. You'll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
Please be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and previous medical treatments
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol & tobacco
- Previous surgeries
The following will also take place at your consultation
- Evaluation of your general health and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- An assessment of your vision and a thorough eye examination including a slit-lamp examination of the eye.
- Photographs for your medical record
- A discussion about treatment options
- Recommendations for treatment most appropriate for you
- Discussion about likely outcomes of eyelid surgery and risks or potential complications
- The type of anaesthesia that will be used (This is usually “Twilight anaesthesia” using local anaesthesia with intravenous sedation administered by a consultant anaesthetist. However, a full general anaesthetic can be arranged if you prefer this option)
After the consultation I will send you a letter summarising your concerns and desires relating to your appearance along with my assessment and advice to you regarding treatment options.
You will also receive a quote for your proposed surgery and have the opportunity to attend for a further consultation prior to proceeding should you wish to ask any further questions.
Arrange a consultation